Environmental Management Policy
“We recognise that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations and to help secure the long-term sustainability of the Tourism Industry”
To this end we The Heritage Hotel are committed to taking the following action;
· To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation
· To produce an annual Environmental Plan setting out our Objectives, Targets and planned Actions
· To comply fully with all relevant legislation
· To minimise our waste and reduce our water consumption where possible
· To reduce, Reuse, Recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical
· To invite our customers, suppliers and contractors to participate in our efforts to protect the environment
· To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our objectives
· To openly communicate our policies and practices to interested parties
· To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets”
· To upgrade any equipment for more efficient and green if necessary
Our Bedrooms & Suites:
Introduction of QR scan code for our guest directory and room service menus to reduce paper usage.
Guest Recycle Policy and Water Conservation tent cards on display in all bedrooms, includes unnecessary Towel Use in all bedrooms
· Full range of recycling bins though out hotel in kitchen, front-of-house & back-of-house plus strict use instructions and training for staff to minimise contamination;
· Full range of coloured larger bins in yard for General Waste, Recycling Waste, Glass Waste, Food Waste, Baled Cardboards, and returning Used Cooking Oil.
Take Away items:
· All of take away items are bio-degradable ie cups, take-out boxes and drinking straws plus recyclable napkins, which we now use to replace our coasters with;
· Our napkins are disposed into compost bins and AES (our waste management company) makes fertilisers out the above paper cups, straws and take away boxes as they are compostable and made of paper;
· Retrofitting all existing Halogen and Incandescent bulbs to led which will result in significant savings in KWHs per annum.
· Through working closely with our Building Energy Management company, we have linked our Hotel and Spa heating systems together through using excess heat and hot water from our CHP. This will reduce our overall KWH usage by 30%
· Replaced old boilers in our Spa & Health club to new more energy efficient boilers resulting in an immediate reduction of gas usage.
· Members of Repak
· Member of The Green Hospitality Programme Ireland www.greenhospitality.ie
2 EV Charging Points are installed in the car park in our hotel. Our 22kW/hour charger will give a range of 120km.
Hybrid Courtesy Car;
Our very own courtesy car is hybrid which results in saving more energy and less pollution to our environment.
AND we have a dedicated Green Champion at the hotel too who makes all of above happen!
Escape into a realm of tranquillity with 1 Night Bed and Breakfast with evening meal in Blake's restaurant. A 50 Minute Spa Treatment and 1 Hour Thermal Spa Experience.